OpenTV Video Platform supports business intelligence and analytics to enable the operator to monitor and analyse user behaviour. It can:
- Gather user behaviour:
- Via tag manager to analytics tools like Google Analytics for aggregate reporting
- Via OpenTV Video Platform for accurate detailed consumer reporting including player behaviour/buffering
- Report on user behaviour:
- Operational reporting for billing and rights reconciliation
- Analytics via Google Analytics
- Tableau dashboarding
NAGRA Insight enables operators to create business strategies through informed data-driven business analytics and metrics derived from all data sources for measurable KPIs.
Insight is broken down into the following sections:
- TV Channel Consumption – a breakdown of the users' consumption of live linear television. It provides pages to visualise the TV channel performance, including live, start-over, catch-up, and PVR. It also includes information breakdown at the program event level.
- VOD Consumption – a breakdown of the users' consumption of VOD assets. It provides pages to visualise the performance of content available through a catalogue.
- Device Management – a breakdown of the devices used to consume the service. It provides pages to visualise the number of devices using the system, the breakdown of device types, and the applications being used on the devices to consume the content.
- Quality of Service – a breakdown of quality of service provided to the users. It provides pages to visualise the current status of the service. It includes information on network quality, device issues, and session failures.
The Insight information is updated on a six-hour schedule and the information is retained for three months.