Android SDK 5 Integration Guide
For upgrading the CONNECT player to Android SDK 5.x from SDK 4.x, please see the Android SDK 4.x to 5.x Migration Guide.
To test the features and view the example code, please see the Android SDK 5 Example Code Quick Start guide.
The following procedures describe how to create a new CONNECT Player application in Android and add an OTVVideoView to play a specified clear video stream.
The following development tools are required; the number in square brackets denotes the earliest supported version of the software verified by NAGRA.
- Java SDK - Download the JDK [Java v8] from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html.
- Android Studio - Download the latest version of Android Studio from <http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html.
- Gradle - use the newest version as recommended by Android Studio.
- A device running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher.
The app requires a physical Android device with debugging enabled as per Android guidelines (http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html). It will not work on an emulator.
The external library dependency
androidx.appcompat:appcompat:1.1.0 is required for general Android X support. Dependencies for other features are listed under the relevant feature description.
Product release files
NAGRA supplies the following files as part of your release:
This file is used for integration activities and is necessary to produce debug logs from the native part of the application, as this cannot be done once the code is in production. The NAGRA logo is displayed during playback to indicate that the integration variant is being used.
This file replaces the integration version when the complete application is ready to be deployed. The NAGRA logo is not present during playback.
This is an encrypted license enabling the player per platform, based on the user’s licence agreement. It is supplied separately once the product is purchased and will only work with the application id domain names provided at the time of acquisition.
If your project includes PRM support, use the PRM versions of the above files:
You will also need the PRM Operational Vault file opvault.json.
We recommend you perform integration of CONNECT Player SDK 5 in the following stages:
- In conjunction with the Android SDK 5 Example Code Quick Start guide, use the code examples to explore and test the features of the CONNECT Player.
- Using this guide, create a basic player; for details see:
- Develop your code to add encrypted playback and other features to the player.
- When development is complete, replace the integration file with the production version. Carry out final testing and submit to the Google Play Store.