The following procedures describe how to create a new CONNECT Player application in Android and add an
OTVVideoView to play a specified clear video stream.
The following development tools are required; the number in square brackets denotes the earliest supported version of the software verified by NAGRA.
- Java SDK - Download the JDK [Java v8] from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html.
- Android Studio - Download the latest version of Android Studio from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html.
Gradle - use the newest version as recommended by Android Studio. This is set in the
dependenciessection of the
buildScriptblock; see step 2 of Creating the project.
- A device running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher.
The app requires a physical Android device with debugging enabled as per Android guidelines (http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html). It will not work on an emulator.
For the current dependencies and minimum build configuration for integrating your app with the CONNECT Player SDK, see CONNECT Player SDK 5 for Android Documentation.
Product release files
NAGRA supplies the following files as part of your release:
This file is used for integration activities.
This file replaces the integration version when the complete application is ready to be deployed.
If your project includes PRM-protected playback with PAK, use the PRM versions of the above files:
You will also need the PRM Operational Vault file opvault.json.
We recommend you perform integration of CONNECT Player SDK 5 in the following stages:
- In conjunction with the Android SDK 5 Example Code Quick Start guide, use the code examples to explore and test the features of the CONNECT Player.
- Using this guide, create a basic player; for details, see:
- Develop your code to add encrypted playback and other features to the player.
- When development is complete, replace the integration file with the production version. Carry out final testing and submit to the Google Play Store.