PRM Example Code Quick Start
Use this guide to demonstrate CONNECT Player PRM features and view the example code.
For the development tools, current dependencies and minimum build configuration required, see Prerequisites and dependencies.
Some features may have additional dependencies and libraries; see the README.md and build.gradle files in the relevant example code packages.
Download the Android SDK, which supplies all the files needed to launch the player and start streaming content.
This package demonstrates how to work with PRM-encrypted streams.
PRM version of the SDK binary file used for integration purposes.
The PRM Operational Vault file opvault.json is provided separately.
- Extract the opy-sdk-android-5.26.x-example-code-prm.zip file to your desktop.
- Go to opy-sdk-android-5.26.x-example-prm > common, and place the opy-sdk-android-5.26.x-sdk-prm-integration.aar file in the libs folder.
- Open Android Studio and select Open an Existing Project and locate the opy-sdk-android-5.26.x-example-code-prm folder
- For each project, expand src > main > res and create a new directory raw; add your opvault.json file to this folder. The existing one will not work with your PRM server.
- Connect an Android device to your development machine via USB, and build and run the application.
Click here to see the example projects available.
|Encrypted playback||prm||Playback of PRM-encrypted content (Software PRM).|
|Offline playback||offline-hls||Offline playback of HLS streams.|
|offline-service-prm||Offline playback with Downloading as a service for DASH and HLS streams.|