The following procedures describe how to create a new CONNECT Player application in Android.
The following development tools are required; the number in square brackets denotes the earliest supported version of the software verified by NAGRA.
- Java SDK - Download the JDK11 [Java v11] from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html.
- Android Studio - Download the latest version of Android Studio from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html.
Gradle - use the newest version as recommended by Android Studio.
- A device running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher.
The app requires a physical Android device with debugging enabled as per Android guidelines (http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html). It will not work on an emulator.
The external library dependency
androidx.appcompat:appcompat:1.4.1 is required for general Android X support. Dependencies for other features are listed under the relevant feature description.
Product release files
NAGRA supplies the following files as part of the Multi-DRM release:
This file is used for integration activities and is necessary to produce debug logs from the native part of the application. The NAGRA logo is displayed during playback to indicate that the integration variant is being used.
This file replaces the integration version when the complete application is ready to be deployed.
If your project requires support for Playback of PRM encrypted content (Software PRM), use the PRM versions of the above files:
You will also need the PRM Operational Vault file opvault.json.
We recommend you perform integration of CONNECT Player SDK 5 in the following stages:
- In conjunction with the Android SDK 5 Example Code Quick Start guide, use the code examples to explore and test the features of the CONNECT Player.
- Using this guide, create a basic player; for details, see:
- Develop your code to add encrypted playback and other features to the player.
- When development is complete, replace the integration file with the production version. Carry out final testing and submit to the Google Play Store.