This guide enables you to demonstrate the CONNECT Player features and view the example code.
- To demonstrate the CONNECT Player PRM features and view the example code, see the PRM Example Code Quick Start guide.
- To demonstrate the CONNECT Player features and view the Kotlin version of the example code, see the Kotlin Example Code Quick Start guide.
- To demonstrate the CONNECT Unified Player Interface features and view the example code, see the Unified API Example Code Quick Start guide.
Make sure you have the latest Android Studio installed, including:
Android SDK - install the latest version from Android Studio (2021.1.1). You may also need to install Android SDK Tools.
Gradle - use the latest version as recommended by Android Studio.
JDK - use the version provided with Android Studio.
Download the Android SDK, which supplies all the files needed to launch the player and start streaming content.
This contains application projects which demonstrate how to use the player features.
This is the SDK binary file used for integration purposes.
You will also need a device running Android 5.x (Lollipop) onwards with debugging enabled; the player cannot run on an Android Studio simulator.
Extract the opy-sdk-android-5.21.x.x-example-code.zip file to your desktop.
Go to opy-sdk-android-5.21.x.x-example-code > common, and place the opy-sdk-android-5.21.x.x-sdk-integration.aar file in the libs folder.
Open Android Studio and select Open an Existing Project and locate the opy-sdk-android-5.21.x.x-example-code folder.
- When the project has built, select the required project from the dropdown menu (not the side file list); see the example projects below.
- Connect an Android device to your development machine via USB and run the application.
- basic-playback - Demonstrates playback of a clear stream with no additional functionality.
- bookmark - Shows how to capture bookmark details when stopping playback and how to restore them when resuming.
- controlbar - Shows how to create a bespoke control bar in the application to control the player.
- multi-instance - Provides multiple instances of the player.
- lowlatency - Playback of a low-latency DASH stream, including configuration of low-latency parameters.
- output-control - Playback of clear streams with output control.
- resolution-capping - Playback of clear streams with resolution capping.
- thumbnails - Playback of clear streams with DASH-IF thumbnail previews.
- harmonicthumbnails - Playback of clear streams with Harmonic WebVTT thumbnail previews.
- thumbnails-iframe - Playback of clear streams with HLS I-Frame thumbnail preview.
- track-selection - Playback of clear streams with multi-audio.
- android-tv-preview - Previews of unencrypted and encrypted channels on the Android TV home screen.
- offline - Offline playback of clear and encrypted content.
- offline-service - Offline playback with downloading as a service.
- encrypted-playback - Playback of Widevine encrypted content.
- customised-encrypted-playback - Demonstrates a non-default implementation of Widevine.
- encrypted-playback-playready - Playback of PlayReady encrypted content.
- wiseplay - Playback of WisePlay encrypted content.
- single-ssm-workflow - Shows how to create a customised OTVCustomerSSMCallback to work with your own Secure Session Management (SSM) server.
- ssm-encrypted-playback-jti - Playing SSM encrypted content fetching one-time tokens using JTI (JWT ID) claims.
- ssl-mutual authentication - Demonstrates SSL mutual authentication.
- watermark-pull-mode - Demonstrates QuickMark forensic watermarking in pull mode.
- watermark-push-mode - Demonstrates QuickMark forensic watermarking in push mode.
- dynamic-ads-ima - Playback of clear streams with Google IMA adverts.
- server-side-ad-insertion - Demonstrates use of adverts within streams with Server-Side Ad Insertion.
- yospace - Demonstrates the integration of the Yospace user interface handling of streams with Server-Side Ad Insertion.
Statistics and analytics
- event-timeline - Playback of clear streams with feedback and analysis of performance tracking or playback issues.
- insight - Sends playback metrics and statistics to an Insight analytics server.
- error-reporting - Demonstrates error handling in the example code; see also Android SDK 5 Error Codes.
- chromecast - Playback of clear, encrypted and SSM streams on Chromecast.
- connect-dash - Playback of CONNECT-encrypted DASH streams with NAGRA CONNECT.
- connect-prm - Playback of CONNECT-encrypted HLS streams with NAGRA CONNECT.
- smartbeam - Shows how an application can playback streams in conjunction with Broadpeak SmartBeam set-top box.